Relax and detox in South Austin’s most spacious, high quality, full spectrum infrared sauna! You or up to five of your favorite people can relax and detox in today’s most popular and health benefiting sauna. Infrared saunas help with pain, weight loss, detox, skin health, cardiovascular health, and more.
Shower and separate lounge area available before or after your sauna session. All sessions include a peppermint cold towel.Check out our Spa Packages!
You may call or book private sessions online here, or call to book a couples, group, or spa package. Available at both locations!
Call to book your favorite group of 4-5 people!
Buy a series of 5 sessions- 20% off
Buy a series of 10 sessions- 40% off
One month pass (any length up to 45 min. once per day) $199
|Time In Sauna||Private Sessions||Each Additional Person in
Your Party 1/2 off!
What to Expect:
You arrive to a clean, serene, and relaxing private room with our spacious infrared sauna.
You’re given a wrap to wear and cucumber water to drink. You also receive a cold peppermint towel to help keep you cool. The sauna temperature is set to your preference- more relaxing or detox?
During your private session, your tension, pain, and worries melt away in dry heat. The infrared light penetrates the skin at a deep level, so you detox quickly and thoroughly without feeling over-heated.
After your session your skin is glowing, and your body and mind feel rejuvenated and refreshed!
Beautiful Spacious Infrared Sauna – The Benefits
Detoxification and Skin Health
Referred by some physicians as our “third kidney,” the skin is our largest organ. 93% of infrared sauna energy is absorbed through the skin, helping the release of toxins buried deep within the skin. The skin is further cleansed by sweating, which rinses bacteria out of the epidermal layer and sweat ducts, purifying the skin. Dead skin cells are replaced, improving skin elasticity.
The infrared energy released by an Infrared Sauna can penetrate up to 1.5″ into muscle tissue, causing dilation of the blood vessels which aids in general aches and pains, including pain caused by conditions such as Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, and Rheumatoid Arthritis. Evidence also shows that infrared light can even reduce healing time for sprains and strains when used 24-48 hours post injury.
An average sauna user can produce 500 grams or more of sweat and burn 300 – 700 calories during an infrared sauna session. This is the equivalent of running 2-3 miles! Infrared saunas have also shown to be an effective treatment of cellulite.
Because of the regular dilation and contraction of the blood vessels, researchers have reported that regular use of infrared saunas can help maintain blood vessel health. Blood dilation brings blood closer to the surface of the skin and, as the blood vessels expand, circulation in the extremities improves, and blood pressure gets lower. Although the effect is temporary, medical research shows that frequent sauna use can help the blood pressure level to stay lower.
- Medications: Prescription drug users should seek the advice of their personal physician. Diuretics, barbiturates and beta-blockers may impair the body’s natural heat loss mechanisms. Some over the counter drugs such as antihistamines may also cause the body to be more prone to heat stroke.
- Children and the Elderly: Core body temperature regulation is harder to maintain in children and the elderly. Contact your physician before use.
- Serious Cardiovascular Conditions: Hyper/hypotension, congestive heart failure, and those taking medications should exercise caution when exposed to prolonged heat.
- Alcohol: Alcohol increases the heart rate, which may be further increased by heat stress.
- Chronic Conditions Associated with Reduced Ability to Perspire: Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Central Nervous System Tumors, and Diabetes with Neuropathy are conditions that are associated with impaired sweating.
- Hemophiliacs: Sauna use should be avoided by anyone who is predisposed to bleeding.
- Fever: Sauna use should be avoided with fever.
- Pregnancy: Fetal damage can occur with a certain elevated body temperature.
Sage Blossom does not provide medical advice or treatment. The information contained is for general information purposes only and does not address individual circumstances or medical conditions. Always consult your doctor for medical advice.